Thursday 29 March 2012

Bottom kicking, reviews and a general update...

Okay, okay, I know... Yes I have been crap at keeping this updated but there are only so many plates a person can spin on a stick simultaneously!
The last months have looked like this - train for rowing competitions, work full time, date a dickhead - teach a creative writing course, edit a book, write a book and on top of all that go to work full time... Can you forgive me for not being able to blog too? As much as I wanted to share dickhead details, I have kept it to myself. I still cannot understand men and now my learning had taken a whole new tangent - it is the learning that a man can actually be an emotional black hole and a mental enigma... Fascinating or infuriating - I will leave that to you...



So the reason that I am back is to share my excitement - I have a review on the Resonance from a teen book reviewer who gave it 8/10 - bear in mind I am up against the big boys and girls of publishing... So that has made me very very very happy... I am doing a little dance now - dad dancing with a bit of break dancing with a hint of typing...

The link is as follows: http://www.flamingnet.com/​bookreviews/newreviews/​newbookreview.cfm?title=The Resonance (eBook)

So the teaching has been one of the best things I could do - it made me re-teach myself all the things I had not been doing. Yes - it also coincided with the Resonance edit. I realised that the art of description is paramount. It is something that I had never considered so important. Then there I am guiding a lesson on description and I think - oh shouldn't I be doing this... Oops - shhh don't tell anyone... So with that in mind I am now re-editing Goylegate to the heady heights of my own approval with descriptions that will enable visions of both horror and inspiration. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment