Wednesday 6 April 2011

DATING ESCAPADES!!!

Dating escapades…

Sometimes the choice between sitting and editing or going on a date can be somewhat of a dilemma… With editing you can be absorbed into your self-created world of perfection while laughing at your own jokes. That is rather appealing. Dating on the other hand resides in the realm of reality. It often involves sitting with a chap, being polite and discussing the virtues of scampi.
Last night was a first for me in the world of dating. I turned up early with mini-laptop and proceeded to continue editing The Resonance… In my distracted state I forgot what the chap looked like who I was supposed to meeting… So a man who resembled him arrived at the bar. I waved at him frantically. At first he ignored me but finally he turned and smiled but looked awkward. Once he had been served his beer I watched him stand up and walk out of the bar. How rude! I was like ‘ hang on… I am not hideous… So what was all that about?’
I left him to it and carried on editing. After about half an hour I glanced out of the window. He was sitting alone with his back to me… So obviously I had to further investigate…
“Hi are you Dan?”
“No.”
“Ah… Okay. Right… I am going to go now…” How embarrassing!
Yep you guessed it – I had been waving at the wrong man.
After ten minutes the correct chap turned up, we discussed the virtues of scampi and came to the conclusion we were not attracted to each other. He was lovely but not for me… Shame!
Moral of the story – if going on a date with an unknown make sure you arrive early and wave at the correct bloke. Alternatively pretend you are on a date, wave at a hot bloke, introduce yourself and spend your evening with a hotty instead!

No comments:

Post a Comment