Thursday 7 April 2011

A RATHER RANDOM THOUGHT ABOUT DESKS...

Desk life… / evolutionary deskness.
I often wonder, in terms of evolution, whether the desk will actually become part of our bodies…. Imagine all the effort taken to evolve from the sea, only to end up with a portable desk on out laps. I imagine it would be similar to how a tortoise has a shell on its back mixed with a kangaroo pouch. Maybe it will be like a flap of skin which resides on our bellies… It could fold our and harden when we need to work… Hmmm does that sound similar to what men have already? Have I just plagiarised the creator? Maybe that appendage could have a dual purpose… I guess we would have to hit that particular appendage with a hammer to flatten it out to make a desk platform from it… Can you tell that I have wondered off again… I am a bit overwhelmed by pivot tables, spreadsheet s and general work stuff today… I find the more I do ‘normal’ work the more I find myself thinking the most random thoughts… The other day I was thinking how much fun it would be to arrive at the desk on a zip line… The idea of whooshing through the corridors on a wire and end up right at my desk. I then was transported into the potential for everyone to have a zip line to their desk and how the office would become like a spider web… Okay I will stop now. For those of you that know me… This is quite normal for me to think… I was also thinking about how desks stacked up could become a place where people live – living at the desk, kind of like bunk beds of deskdom… I know – I got concerned too… You will understand why I am thinking these things because at the moment there are no hot men to look at… So what am I supposed to dream about? Actually I lie… There is one but he is Mr. Unavailable… So that one is off the mental energy list! Back to random constructs to distract from mundanity… My escape from mundanity… Ha. That could be the name of the book.

Today the weather is gorgeous… Rather than wave my legs in the air at abs… I am going to run home, get my laptop and edit the resonance by the sea! Bliss!

No comments:

Post a Comment