Saturday 9 April 2011

WRESTLING LADIES OF THE NIGHT...

Ladies of the night wrestling in the street in the evening!

Sharing a little personal history is not a bad thing is it? Well… I have recently moved into a beautiful attic flat in Boscombe. I signed the lease, handed over the cash and then… The life of glamour began. It turns out that there is a brothel directly opposite and tonight we have a battle taking place between two pro’s who are calling each other dirty using F words and expletives. Oh goodness how funny, one has called the other a tart but with slighty harsher language. The accusation back is that the other is a whore… Wow! So is calling what someone is actually offensive? Oh you banker! Ohhhhh you teacher! I will offend you by naming your profession!
So it all kicked off when one of the women aparently took the others’ business. That was the beginnings of world whore 1! Sorry my humour… Anyone got a tumble weed? Well the whore accusations have led to all the neighbours leaning out of the windows to see what is going on and that includes me. What’s more, the resident drunk has even crossed the road with a zig zag motion. He hasn’t quite made it yet, but the intention is there… I think he is crossing the road, he is trying but he keep falling backwards… Oh there he goes again… Nope stumbling back again… I am now willing him to make it… Ah nope. He has given up and is leaning against the wall preparing to take his run up.
I know that many people would not find such behaviour interesting but when two ladies of the night begin wrestling in the street, one quickly realises that not only is life unfolding before you but literary material is just ripe for the picking… The angry pro is screaming at the other one that she is filthy and horrible… Hmm… And lucky me gets to witness this from safety of my attic…
The other night someone did not pay the ‘said’ ladies and all hell broke loose at four in the morning… Demanding money for certain favours from a man who is drunk and has no cash is a no win situation. The solution – the woman involved threatened to call the police… How does that work? So… let me get this straight… The lady has broken the law by servicing the man and she is threatening to have him arrested for not paying for something that is against the law? Personally it is beyond me but who am I to understand such things?
Well it all fun and games here… With all this taking place I still love my flat and my view of the world. It amazes me how gritty reality takes place on the street below… I can pull my chair up to the window and sit and watch. I have no need for a television when the street drama unfolds on a nightly basis… Sometimes friends come round to watch too. We sit up in the window amazed by the variety of people wandering past... We come up with our own stories as to what actually lead them to that moment…
The ladies of the night have both found punters so they are now best friends again. See how easily these things can be resolved? Oops no they are not it has just kicked off again… Aparently one is cherry picking… Ah and now the police have turned up…
With all that is taking place I just find it amazing that we are all people interacting within life. We all have very different maps of life experience and that make us who we are… I do wonder about those women… As much as they are interesting and their angry wrestling has drawn attention to them, a series of events and choices have lead them to that moment… That is what fascinates me…
Oh god the walker of the invisible dog has just turned up to spice things up. Scampi, the non-existent dog is annoying him because he keeps running off!
Thank you Boscombe for another little escape from mundanity… Okay then back to editing the resonance will be finished – one day…





No comments:

Post a Comment