Tuesday 12 April 2011

THE THRESHOLD OF BOREDOM & KNICKERS ON WHEELS!

The threshold of boredom and knickers on wheels.
Boredom… As my dad once said - boring people get bored. I would like to dispute this. Today I feel like a child who wants to go out and play. Outside the office there is bright sunshine and world that is full of potential. In the opposite camp I am sitting at my desk contemplating boredom. I feel like the child who has to do its homework before it gets to hang out with friends.
To alleviate a bit of boredom, I accidentally sent my colleague down to the shop with a vending card with not enough money to buy a coffee. It wasn’t intentional but she has just lined up to get to the front of the queue only to discover my lack of funds on the card and her lack of funds on her own card… A choice had to be made and humiliation ensued… This action generated a story and that story broke the ‘metrics’ tedium.
With boredom alleviation in mind I think I will share ‘my little incident.’ It began like this – each lunch hour I go to the gym. Not really for fitness purposes but it is an excuse to get out of the office and sweat. You can’t sweat in the office because it is frowned up… Obviously going to the gym involves bringing in a change of clothes… Well being desperate to get on with my work I put my bag down and threw myself into the world of metrics. A little later I was scooting between desks on my chair. At this point a colleague frowned at the floor and pointed.
‘Are those knickers?’
Everyone on the bank of desks stood up to witness a black lacy pair of knickers attached to the wheel of my chair. Imagine if they had been granny knickers or apple carriers. Anyway, the harsh reality was that I had been driving my knickers around the office. Some of the guys pointed out they had noticed it earlier but they wanted to see how long it would take me to notice. Potentially I could have driven around for days… Even worse -my knickers on wheels could have been a permanent fixture in the office. I may have started a knickers on wheels trend!
Moral of the story: don’t change your knickers after the gym. Invest in disposable knickers or deny that the knickers are yours… Now that would have been weird…
Right back to work… I have had my boredom alleviation….

No comments:

Post a Comment